Download details HERE: [wpfilebase tag=fileurl id=7 linktext=’Projects Manager Posting 03June2014′ /]
Recruiter: SIDS DOCK
Posted: 3 June 2014
Closes: 9 July 2014
Location: Belmopan, BELIZE, Central America
Sector: Energy and Finance
Profession: Senior International Consultant
Contract Type: Permanent
SIDS DOCK, an international organization of Small Island Developing States (SIDS) and low-lying countries, aimed at addressing issues of renewable energy and energy efficiency in SIDS, is recruiting a highly qualified Projects Manager, who will be responsible:
- To increase the quality and quantity of low carbon projects being readied for public sector, private sector and public-private financing, including the monetization of carbon benefits;
- To establish and maintain an information and communication network among small island professionals regarding project development and management;
- To coordinate and facilitate the presentation of project and financial mechanism proposals for consideration by financial institutions, public and private, local, regional and international;
- To build local and regional project preparation capacity.
Successful candidates for the Projects Manager position must exhibit substantial professional experience in:
- Low carbon project development and financing;
- Technical, economic, social, environmental and financial feasibility analysis;
- Distance communication and coordination among diverse professional groups and cultures;
- Emerging market public-private finance;
- Preparation and presentation of financing proposals to financial institutions; and
- Mobilizing resources for feasibility studies and projects.
The SIDS DOCK Projects Manager will report to the SIDS DOCK Secretary General or designee and be based in Belize. Qualified candidates will be offered a two-year contract. The position will involve substantial global travel.
Qualified candidates should send an email (no CVs please) expressing interest in the position and summarizing (in less than 250 words) his or her experience in the six areas listed above. Emails should state in the Subject line “Projects Manager Expression of Interest” and be emailed to ProjectsManager@SIDSDOCK.org, before 9 July 2014.
Potential candidates will then be contacted.